Saudi Arabia Hajj 2020 updates:-
Saudi Arabia is the coordinator of hajj and umrah,the performance of hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam. It is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, the holiest city for Muslims. The plans to make 2020 Hajj has been declared as probability since the beginning of corona virus.
Online9ja reviews on what Saudi Arabia is going to do about this year’s hajj pilgrimage,and yes! We have get an update from Saudi Arabia on what they have been planning so far for the people preparing to perform this year’s Hajj.
Saudi Arabia has made the announcement to hold the 2020 Hajj with a very limited number of pilgrims from various countries who already reside in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This means foreigners,internationals, travellers, will not be able to participate in this year’s hajj.
According to the statement released by Saudi Arabia minister for hajj and umrah,
Mohammed Saleh betin says:- ‘We appreciate this decision as it aims to protect people above everything else,
Which was also the priority of the kingdom since the start of pandemic. We cancelled the umrah and now we have decided to limit the number of Hajj pilgrimage to people already residing in Saudi Arabia.
The government of Saudi Arabia says ‘The decisions is based on a constant concern for the security and safety of the pilgrims of the two Holy Mosques as a result of the global Coronavirus outbreak”.
The decision has been taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols to protect human beings from the risks associated with this pandemic.
The recent update was confirmed in a tweet on Monday by the foreign ministry of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Statement issued by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah regarding Hajj of 2020 is posted below.